Sunday, December 12, 2010

halfway there

Yesterday I reached 20 weeks in my pregnancy. I felt very accomplished as I woke up and had reached the halfway mark--which is funny because I don't really deserve much credit at this point, but it made me happy all the same.


A week ago, we had the mid-pregnancy ultrasound. I was really excited, but almost sad to go because I knew that once it was over, we most likely won't see her again until she gets here. It was fun to see how much she has grown in four weeks. Her little movements were more noticeable and deliberate. They measured everything and it was great to hear that she looks healthy and perfect.


our sweet little one

her baby face

and perfect profile

We are so excited to have this little one join us, but are enjoying the preparation and anticipation. It has been fun to be pregnant at Christmas time as we celebrate the Savior's birth. I find myself thinking and wondering about her as I listen to Christmas music and at other times, as I reflect on Him it makes me think about her. Merry Christmas sweet baby.

It was fun to have our first out-of-town guests come stay at our little home this weekend. Brady's sister Lindsey and her husband Ben came to visit Arizona State University in Phoenix and stayed here last night. It was great to see family and compare notes with them as they consider graduate programs. We really hope they end up in Arizona.

3 comments:

  1. I kind of can't help but sing the bon jovi song after reading your post this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Half way! You look great! I hope we get to see you if you are up this way for Christmas. Let me know if you have a few minutes to spare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute tummy! Merry berry. That's what I'm going to start saying when I say Merry Christmas.

    I hope you're feeling a bit better today. All the aches are worth it in the end, though a bit rough in the moment.

    love you.

    ReplyDelete