Wednesday, November 3, 2010

missing autumn

I have been missing the changing of the leaves, the crisp fall air. I was thinking about this as I fell asleep last night and realized that this is my first year living away from fall. Even during my mission, during the fall I was in areas that had seasons. We are enjoying Tucson and couldn't complain last week that it was nearly eighty degrees as it was snowing for the first time in Utah. But yet, that's all my body and spirit want to do. Every year I look forward to Fall and the peacefulness of it. I never would have guessed how important this time of year was to me until living without.

The Fall that I miss

Fall in Tucson

Today, I spent some time with my camera in the streets of Tucson documenting the colors around me. Although I was able to find nearly the same orange here that the leaves are turning in Utah, the fact that I was walking around in a T-shirt and flip-flops and getting kind of hot was all wrong on the third day of November.



We are loving it here and enjoying our first home. We dreamed of the day we would come here for Brady to pursue his MBA. Every day I am so grateful for how things have worked out and recognize how blessed we are. I assume that in a couple years when we are packing the car to move from this place, I will be used to the desert and not want to leave. But for now, I am missing the mountains and colorful leaves.

2 comments:

  1. I've finally added you to my google reader... that took me too long. You have two new posts since I first looked at your blog. That makes me proud. You live in the desert and there is cactus there, that makes me envious, but I'll get over that and be grateful for fall. Come winter I won't be so grateful. This is the end of my comment. (I've been teaching kids in my playgroup about feelings this last week,... can you tell?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't think i knew you had a blog. i have always loved fall, even for all those years of growing up in the desert. now, living here,every single day of fall i revel in the beauty of it. making up for lost time? sorry you're missing it, but like you, happy for the reason you are.

    xox

    ReplyDelete