Tuesday, November 9, 2010

our little one

Last Thursday night, I literally felt like a kid on Christmas Eve. I was so excited and anxious for tomorrow to come. I didn't know what to do with myself. On Friday we had our first ultrasound and I could not wait for that first glimpse of our little one. The doctor had told me at my last appointment that he thought my due date was miscalculated by about four weeks. Meaning that suddenly, without warning, I may have lost four weeks of progress. Just like that. It took two weeks for the hospital to fit us in and I truly felt like I was going to die with anticipation.

We waited for what seemed forever in the waiting room and they finally called us back. And then, there our baby was on a screen in front of us. So clear and so perfect. As Brady and I sat there, holding hands, we looked up in wonder at different angles of our tiny, sweet baby. My eyes filled with tears as I was overcome with love and excitement for this little one.


our first glimpse


and tiny hello


The tech measured the arms and legs, the head and the chest. Then she entered it into the chart and calculated me being fifteen weeks along, with a new due date: April 30th. I am only sad because that means four weeks longer that we have to wait to meet...

our little girl!

When she said "Well, it looks like it's a girl." I couldn't believe it. I just looked at the screen in amazement and may have giggled. A girl. I squeezed Brady's hand and finally said "Can you believe it?" Looking back on it, I know I would have felt the same way if she had said it was a boy. To finally see our baby and simply know what we are having is amazing. I could have stayed there all day staring at that screen watching our baby girl kick and turn. Luckily we get to go back in a few weeks for the mid-pregnancy ultrasound. So let the wait begin.


tell me, what is half so sweet
as a baby's tiny feet








5 comments:

  1. Yeah, baby girl! Love the little wave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! She is beautiful. I remember when the wait was so long!! That first ultrasound experience is so much fun. And meeting your little baby girl will be better than Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! She'll be here before you know it... even with the 4 week delay! It sneaks up on you fast.

    Love and miss you guys! Are you coming home for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete