Sunday, March 20, 2011

weeks away


Our little lady is due to join us in five and a half weeks--although, it could be a little longer wait than that. I try to remind myself that May may come before she does. We are both very excited to meet her and we take turns feeling nervous, excited, and a little overwhelmed at the fact that we are going to be parents. We can't wait for the adventure and to cuddle our little one.

A few weeks ago, Brady took my place behind the camera and we set out to document my belly. He did a wonderful job. Having taken pregnancy pictures of other people, I am happy that we were able to spend some time together capturing mine (and it was Brady's idea).


We found some beautiful spots on campus and Brady was patient as I directed him on some ideas. He took pictures of that, too. I am sure he will have his only take and blog post on our experience including some less flattering images of me pointing him to where to stand.

As I sit here feeling the baby squirming and watch my belly move all around, I know I will be among those who miss being pregnant. It has been such an incredible experience and I have enjoyed every step off the process. But the idea of looking into her little face and really getting to know this little person will surely be even sweeter.


Thank you, Brady, for wanting to take these pictures; for coming to doctor appointments with me; for listening to me talk incessantly about the baby and wanting to feel my tummy when she has the hiccups. Thank you for choosing me and for starting this journey with me. I can't wait.


6 comments:

  1. This is really so sweet! Good job, Brady; good husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't miss being pregnant. Does that make me a bad mom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Braid! And you look great Elizabeth! I think I'm going to be looking as pregnant as you in only a couple months. Is that bad? Maybe I can talk you into taking my pregnancy pictures at 6 or 7 months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look wonderful! I always tried to enjoy being pregnant, but I honestly only enjoyed about 3 months of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute!! And Brady did a fantastic job on your pictures! We are so excited for you guys! We need to get together again soon before that baby comes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fabulous. Good luck with the next few weeks. I am impressed you have loved all of pregnancy. I am one of the haters. I love nursing and having a new sweet baby but hate hate hate (did I say that enough times) how I feel and look pregnant. It is definitely worth it, but not fun to me. Congrats on the internship too.

    ReplyDelete