Tuesday, March 8, 2011

welcome news

Yesterday was a great day! Brady was offered a summer internship with Deloitte and Touche! We are so thrilled. Searching for an internship has been such a long and arduous process that basically began when Brady started his program last fall. This coming summer has been a big question mark. I am so impressed by how hard Brady worked, how many contacts he made, how many applications he submitted. Another obvious kink, especially for me, was trying to stay calm and be patient while not knowing where we would spend some of the first few months with our new baby.

We're going to Los Angeles! As Brady was considered for the position and he was told that it would be in L.A. we were a little hesitant and not sure how to feel. There have been internship possibilities taking us from Chicago to D.C. to Boise to Phoenix. As we moved to each city in our minds (and on google maps) we would get excited about the different possibilities and what each city would mean and what it would be like to maybe live there. All along, I told Brady I was behind him and would support him to go anywhere. Mostly, I just wanted to know where. And now we know and it feels really great!



The pieces are falling into place. Brady doesn't start until June 27th; two months after the baby is due. I was happily relieved that she will be more than just days or weeks old when we go. We will have some real bonding time for our new little family and time to go to Utah and relax with family and dear friends. I had wanted to plan a time to go home and bless our baby girl and now that can happen too.

Prayers are answered and things work out. It can be a very stressful, frustrating experience not knowing how or when. But I am so grateful that yet again, we have been taken care of. Hollywood, here we come.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! That puts you so much closer to Disneyland and maybe increases the chances of us making it there this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We visited my brother-in-law in LA this past fall, and I decided that I would move there in a heartbeat if I could afford it! You guys sure have a lot of exciting changes coming your way!

    ReplyDelete