Wednesday, August 10, 2011

celebrate!

Friday was Brady's birthday so Harper and I decided to ride the metro in to the city and meet him to celebrate. We were supposed to meet for lunch, but Harper slept right through that so we met for dinner instead. We went to this little Greek restaurant we found our first weekend in L.A.

On our way there we saw a little strip of street vendors and I asked Brady if he wanted to take a look. It turned out it was actually a movie set made to look like New York city--complete with cars with NY plates, guys in NYPD garb and smoke machines to mimic the subway. It was fun to watch for a while and see the people in the background walk back and forth or "recycle" as they say. I actually thought they were just regular people at first and snuck in to take a picture, but quickly realized my mistake when a woman called out "Ma'am, ma'am back up please." and motioned for me to get out of the shot. Sorry lady. We ended up talking to one 'extra', a woman who was doting over Harper, who told us that it was a commercial for the new 2012 Fiat 500.

the street vendors I was excited about

the new Fiat (not in NYC)

As we made our way home from our metro stop, Brady picked Harper up out of the stroller for the last few blocks. I'm not sure if that's why she was so excited, or if she thought she'd better let everyone know it was her dad's birthday and she was celebrating, but I'm glad I had a camera. Watch for Harper's "happy eyes." The crescent shape her eyes get when she especially happy are our absolute favorite.


the happiest little lady


let's celebrate!

Happy Birthday Brady! We love you and clearly, Harper is thrilled to have you as her dad. She is one lucky girl.



4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of one of my favorite tunes from jazz band, "The Happy Squeal". Also, the half moons are awesome! Glad you guys are having fun, so are we!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and so cute!! Happy Belated Birthday Brady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't comment on your blog enough, because I look at it all the time. Harper is beautiful. I wish you were closer so she could play with Lucy.

    ReplyDelete