Wednesday, July 27, 2011

a view of hollywood


This past Saturday we went to Griffith Park. It turns out it's the largest municipal park with urban wilderness area in the United States. I guess we will have to go back to see more of the park because we ended up taking the hike to see the Hollywood Sign. We figured this was a must while we are here. The drive to get there was beautiful and the neighborhood we drove through was incredible. I didn't get any shots of them; maybe next time.

On our way up the trail, we saw a group of misfits filming something and we are pretty sure we were in quite a few of their shots. Later on, the guy in the plaid shorts (see below) walked past us and mumbled something about how he wasn't supposed to be in this shot because he died in the last scene. Sounds like this will be a real hit.


We had read the hike was only about a mile and a half to the top and though reviews talked about it being hot, we Tusconan hikers figured it would be no big deal. Well it was longer and hotter than expected. It's a dusty hike up wide dirt paths and paved road, but I'm glad we did it. You can see Hollywood, Downtown Los Angeles, Griffith Observatory, Burbank, Forest Lawn cemetery, Walt Disney Studios, and NBC Studios from the hike. We didn't actually see all of these (or take note of them rather), but we did come face to face with someone pretty special.

I was busy taking some pictures of Harper and Brady said to me "Well look who it is." I turned around and was face to face with Tami Taylor (Connie Britton) from Friday Night Lights. She smiled and looked at Harper and said "Aaww..." And that was that. Cross two things off the list: see the Hollywood Sign and see a celebrity.

The view of Los Angeles on the way up was a little disappointing because of so much smog. We got a little better view on our way down as the sun hit the buildings. Many people we past were amazed we had a baby with us. I guess we were supposed to leave her home while we took the hike. Maybe that's the L.A. way, who knows. I, for one, am glad she was with us. And I'm pretty sure she looks forward to time with daddy on the weekends.

sleepy little duck

three at the top



what I was doing right before I met Tami Taylor

hanging out at the top

not sure what Harper is pointing at, but I hope she always points with her pinkie


little hollywood lady

4 comments:

  1. These are great posts, you guys! And great pictures too. Adventures! Harper just gets more gorgeous every day. And you two stay as gorgeous as ever. I think you should move back here, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that girl's smile! It is darling! I also like her daddy's new haircut. :) Just cuz I love ya Braid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted some recent pictures of Harper! She is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool to be near the Hollywood sign like that. Harper is a doll.

    ReplyDelete